Essential Household Items

You may qualify for support with essential household items such as an electric cooker, fridge and furniture. These applications are usually from people who have been offered an unfurnished tenancy for the first time and need to move in straight away. The application is often made at the same time as the application for a fuel grant. It is the same application form and our eligibility rules are the same, so you may qualify if any of these apply to you:

  • You work part time or are on a low wage
  • You receive state benefits
  • You receive help with your rent or council tax
  • Your children receive free school meals

You must also live in our area of benefit:

  • Hampton
  • Hampton Hill
  • Hampton Wick
  • Teddington
  • Twickenham
  • Whitton

Trustees meet every week to approve these urgent applications - the need must be verified by a professional worker who has visited you at home to confirm the need (e.g. social worker, housing officer).

Please note that we do not accept applications by email. If you would like to apply for a grant, please download the application form below and return by post or by hand, enclosing your letter of support from a professional worker.

Application form

Download as PDF document

(Right click and choose "Save Target As" to save to your computer)

Our application form is widely available locally. You can always pick one up from the Greenwood Centre, Twickenham CAB or the White House. Please help us reduce our costs by downloading the application form or obtaining a copy locally. Application forms are also available from our office.